View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 PM
kitsykeel

Originally Posted by lynnsim
I'm still reorganizing my sewing room. Boy, I've found things I haven't seen for years! I've also found lots and lots of 2.5" strips; didn't know I had so many, lol. I would like to know what are some of the strip patterns you have tried? (One pattern I don't want is the one that is just long strips sewn together.) Thanks in advance for your help.
I am currently working on a queen size quilt for my bed using 2.5 inch (finished) blocks cut from sewing the strips together (six different fabric strips) and then sewing these together end to end with six strips in each row. I have saved tiny-flowered vintage-looking sheets (100% cotton) for some time (bought at Goodwills for @2.00 a sheet.) Colors are pink and white predominately. So far it is on design wall for pattern placement , but I think I'm going to like it. Will back with muslin for that old-fashioned look. First time in along time that I am making something just for me. As I get further along I will post a picture. Haven't done that before but will try.