Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
sahm4605

oh definitely. At least once a month. I go on sewing binges. as I call them where all i want to do is sew and then a few weeks of not going near fabric at all. Especially when I am having difficulty with a pattern or a top is just not doing what i want it to or looking right. I find stepping away from the sewing is good for me to figure out what to do next with a top or a pattern. if you want to get sewing maybe find a baby who is just born or going to be born and make a simple fun cute baby quilt for them. that is always how i get going. everyone i know is getting a new baby in the next year or so it seems. makes me want a 3rd. and if making a baby quilt is not your fun thing then just go pet some fabric and not worry about patterns or blocks and maybe pick out two or three fabrics that you love and just cut some squares out or strips and just sew them together and see what you get. sometimes it is just a matter of plowing right threw the feeling and not worring about perfection or doing it right. I make doll quilts for my dd and ds when I get stumped and no baby quilt is needed. they are always good inspiration to get sewing especially since my dd is almost 4 and constantly wanting to make little quilts for her dolls.