Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Wanabee Quiltin

When I first started quilting, I was over 50 years old, no, maybe I was almost 60 years old. I had sewed clothes and everything else, but not pieced a quilt. I just could not cut the darn fabric and could not sew that 'scant 1/4 inch'. Every strip I cut had that darn 'V' in it and I ripped constantly because the blocks were wonky and not the right size. It was very discouraging to me and I was really embarrassed that I couldn't do such a simple thing. I would suggest you take the quilt pattern to someone to help you figure it out. I have had many problems with reading a quilt pattern or any pattern and have to ask for help. There is nothing wrong with that, sometimes the quilt directions are wrong ! Ask how many people have had problems making the bo-tuck purse that so many here on the board have made and you will be shocked. I never did get the directions about putting in the pockets, my DH and I swear the directions are wrong, they don't add up. You are not alone with having problems time to time. Hang in there !