Thread: Fabric storage
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 AM
cola410

I am spending the weekend organizing my sewing area. I have a sewing desk with 3 drawers and a cabinet, plus 2 or 3 of the plastic storage drawer towers from Walmart. I had a box of scraps that was starting to overflow in my sewing desk, so here's what I did: I went through my drawers and pulled out anything smaller than a quarter flat and put it in a shoe box size plastic container. After that I got my scrap box and pulled out all the cotton and separated it into two boxes of prints and 3/4 box of solids. I did that with the scraps from my drawer also. Then I got all the fleece and put it back in the scrap box it started in. I feel so accomplished now that my scraps aren't overflowing. haha. In an effort to keep my never-ending projects organized, once I get material or notions or whatever for a project I put in a plastic shopping bag and loop a masking tape label around the handle specifying what the project is or who it's for and the name of the pattern. I also have all my quilt pattern magazine pages all in page protectors in a binder organized by size with tabbed dividers then alphabetically within each section. Hope this helps! I also have all my not-in-use stuffing and batting in lugs in the closet.