View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by patiese1 View Post
I have a king size quilt that needs quilting done but my quilt shop wants 200 to do it! So I think am going to be brave and do some stitch in the ditch. I waver between the two I guess I'll have to make a decision and just jump right in and start.
First, a response to the first post - if you could get a king quilt done for $90, you found a deal!!! Also, $200 is not out of line. I have done some LAQing, thought not as a career, and believe me, there's more to it than just the quilting! I always read these posts on LAQing, and I always pick up a sense that some quilters think a LAQ is trying to over price and rip you off. They've worked hard on their craft, purchased expensive equipment, and their skills will enhance a quilt in a way that a domestic machine probably can't. You have worked very hard on a beautiful quilt ( and I know from years of quilting, that it is expensive, just for the materials, so I understand wincing at the cost of LAQing) but please don't not send it out just to prove a point. If you want to learn to quilt, great! It IS fun, but don't mess up your hard work, because you think you're being overcharged, because from what you've said, you're not.