View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 PM
chuckbere15

Originally Posted by bertiequilts View Post
The very simplest way would be to paper-piece the block. It could be done in 2 pieces which would be sewn together. Then trim them and then sew them together. It would also be easy to print them out in different sizes. I would be happy to design them on EQ and then send the papers to you.
What a thoughtful jester. Are you able to do foundation piecing with EQ? I just took a class with foundation piecing and found it much easier to do versus paper piecing. Another thing is those half square triangle paper thingys. I haven't used them, but some people swear by them.

Sewhappygal, have you done foundation or paper piecing? With those two methods, your points are spot on and it helps control the bias edge. The first quilt I made, and at the time did not know what a bias edge was and why to keep bias edges in the inside seam. You have come to the right place for help and I'm sure half the battle is our fear of the quilt police opinion. In my humble opinion, "mistakes" give the quilt character and when they are made out of love, well that is all that matters. Can't wait to see your progress and quilt!