View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by allets View Post
I can't believe I messed up with the directions of the blue squares. I was looking at the completed quilt of Bonnie's, but decided it would be easier to follow the EQ picture so I think in doing that I got confused. I started with the black square and have the strips pointing towards them. I should have started with the white squares and had the strips pointing to them. Can you see what I'm talking about? How do you think that will effect the outcome of the total look? I'm thinking I'm not concerned enough to rip and resew. It's only two rows but I'm still working on the steps which I didn't finish before sewing the rows together. I'm struggling with the repetitive small pieces and need to just get this finished and move on. Have several tops I need to get quilted and another quilt for a friend that I want to finish. I think this is what is making me so restless and finding it hard to finish up. I'm making it a lap size also or I know I'd give up. Bonnie says no whining, but I sure am! LOL
No whining, it attracts the Quilt Police. Just consider your quilt a variation of the original design. I think most of us have done or are planning to change our Mystery Quilt to suit our own tastes. I like what you have done so far. I am thinking that when it is quilted you will end up very pleased with it. If not, then gift it to someone and I am sure they will love it.