Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM
LindaM49

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I do agree that the fat quarters are expensive since a lot of the quilting fabric was on sale today and would have been cheaper to have 1/4 yard cut. I'll check some of the online sites for charm packs and layer cakes. Joann's doesn't have much choice in that department...at least the one that I went to. I don't know of any local quilt guilds...but I haven't "dug deep" to check it out. There are a couple of quilt shops that I haven't even checked out yet...probably in the spring when I know the weather will cooperate.

That's funny...all of the fat quarters are lined up between the top couple of shelves and bottom shelves of fabric at the Joann's I went to and no sale signs.

Oh...I was looking for a pair of magnifier glasses that you can clip to your regular glasses. Bought a pair there last year and I dropped them and they broke. I asked the lady at the cutting table and she said they did away with ALL magnifiers but had just a few in the bargain bins out front. Of course they were the ones with a handle that you hold to read. I can't believe it because a lot of older woman sew and have problems threading needles etc.

I have one side yet to sew the binding and then attach the sleeve. Hope to finish tomorrow and will see how well a picture looks with my computer camera. The digital...I don't have a clue how to use it since I bought if for my husband for Christmas about 7 years ago and he puts it somewhere and then can't remember where it is. lol