View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 04:48 AM
romanojg

That is crazy. Last year I took a class where my now current machine (viking Ruby) would have not only made my life easier but would have fit into what all of the others in the class had. I had a small Kenmore/Janome with a bunch of decorative stitches. It does a great job. Not one time did anyone in that class put my machine down. As a matter of fact the only mention of my machine was that it was so quiet compared to the others and then when potential students were looking at what we were doing and having their doubts about their machines being able to do that type of work the teacher pointed out that I had done everything on my domestic machine and mine was just as nice as the others. The class was great; the quilt turned out great, it was manipulating fabric and each block was different so I learned so many new techniques and I also learned a lot more things that I could do with my machine. I now have a nice big machine but Kenmore still goes to class with me; unless it's the embroidery club and then it has to stay home. I'd voice my opinion to the store owner and if that was the the way it would be and you had a choice I'd switch stores. People have machines for different reasons; some have the ones they have for cost and would love to go bigger others have the domestic ones because it gets the job done and they love their machine. No matter what the reason or machine you should only be encouraged to learn more on it. Good luck in the future.