Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I have used freezer paper to use as a guide for a pp pattern but as someone already wrote, I do not sew through the paper. I use the zipper foot to align agains the next line and sew against the paper. Then I open the pattern by the next segment and keep working that way. Personally, I find freezer paper too rigid for pp. Plus, when I use regular paper I can use a little spritz of water to help get the paper off - that won't work with freezer paper.

If you use freezer paper and you plan to sew through the paper, make sure to decrease your stitch length (actually that is a guideline for all pp)

As for ironing the fabric on the freezer paper, I would find that bothersome because you generally have to trim part of the overlap (paper-pieced fabric scraps are usually not precut to size) and if they are ironed onto the paper, you need to then peel it off.

The pp patterns often show the 1/4" edge which you need to sew the blocks together. If you have paper on both blocks all the way to the edge, that is quite a bit of paper to have to peel off the joint seam.

Good luck
i do NOT have seams on my freezer paper... i cut the picture with no seams...from the picture... then sew right next to the edge of the paper....