View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter View Post
FMQ on a DSM is extremely difficult. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Many talk the talk but few can walk the walk, even with practice, myself included. My LQS now has a long arm machine. I signed up for lessons on it. I can then FMQ for $15 an hour. I think it's a good deal because I've thrown away quilts with fabrics worth much more than the $ it would take to longarm my next quilt. I also have to take into account the aggravation/tearing my hair out factor. I really excited about the class. Maybe you know someone who would let you rent their longarm.
FMQ is like any other skill...there are some that can and some that can't. I would never presume that because I couldn't do it no one can... I do FMQ on my Domestic Kenmore 6 1/2 inch throat..With the help of The nubby Gloves and supreme slidder I have done a presentable job I have pictures on this board to prove it..It takes Practise but the rythm of your hands and speed of your machine, when they finally coincide is remarkable fun,fast .. I for one can not afford to send out a quilt to get quilted.. Just saying...Bill'sBonBon