View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Let's be honest, does everyone sew straight? Gee, maybe it is just me! Ok, I have firgued out to slow down and not hurry that helps. Sewing over straight pins does take me off track so I try to stop take the pins out. I still have to be very careful..is it just me? I would like to hear from you on this.
When I was much younger I did sew straight. I sewed garments and an occasional home dec project. As I aged I noticed my stitching was not as straight -- in fact that is one of the reasons I stopped making my own clothes. I wasn't satisfied with my workmanship. There are a few attachments that do help with the staight stitching, but all in all I don't sew as straight as I used to. And it's the same with quilting. Of course, I'm not as particular about the whole things as I used to be -- my priorities have definitely changed. Right now I am topstitching (cross-hatching) a lap quilt. The lines should go across and going from block corner to corner, 4 3/4" apart. Well, sometimes, at that measurement I've been going into the corner of that block. I had to decide -- do I want to make a crooked line and go from corner to corner; OR do I want to make the line straight and do the 4 3/4" space all the way across. I think the latter would be best. Yes, lots of things can get you off track. Just do your best and keep on keeping on.

Last edited by GailG; 01-30-2012 at 05:33 AM.