View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM
designsforyou

My wife and I got started with embroidery machines back in 2008. While shopping for material we noticed a Viking Designer SE on display embroidering out a design. I found it interesting, and the wife had intrests in embroidery before but had only done quilt piecing and other sewing crafts. We decided to get one, and afterwards, since we both liked line dancing, I would take plain western shirts, embellish them with embroideries and wear them to the dances. Other couples started wanting some for them. We upgraded to the Viking Diamond machine when it came out, and as things worked out and more people wanted things done for them. The wife and I decided to open up a little shop on our property. She does quilting for others as well as makes quilts and other sewing crafts for sale. I do the embroidery work. After things got to the point we couldn't keep up with the Diamond, we purchased an AMAYA XT comercial embroidery machine with 16 needles, and the capability of doing full jacket backs, and hats. We have a couple of programs , one is 4D Emboidery Extra, the other is Design Shop V9 Pro Plus that allows me to make my own designs. I agree there is a need for a forum for us embroiderers to chat because I am basically self tought. Other than videos that came with the machines, and online videos, most of my learning has been by trial and error. I am more than willing to share what little I know with others that are interested, and will be watching this thread. Thanks