View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
kathyjg

My husband used to work for Lowe's warehouse and it woud make him sick the amount of stuff they threw away. for e4x. if a pallet of decorative pots came in and one was broken they would throw the entire pallet away and give orders to the employee to break all of the others. Therefore they could write off or get credit for the entire thing. I worked in a craft store called Little America, back in the day...LOL and we had to put spray paint on the things that went to the trash barrels. Personally, I have found some awesome paperback Magazines and books behinds Barnes and Nobles. With the economy the way it is and so many people on fixed incomes or lliving below the proverty line, don't you think that retailers could come up with a better way of handling things? Grocery Stores are another one that throws lots of things out--even meat, if they say it is freshly ground and they don't sell it that day, they will mark the price down the next and if they still have t will trow it away on the third day. Guess I had better get off my soap box--Everyone: Have a terrific day!!