View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 AM
pinkberrykay

I will preface this by saying I know nothing about machines. However, I just picked up a vintage Singer 237 and I had this exact same problem. I figured out I had put the needle in the wrong way. Once it was in correctly she sewed beautifuly. Hopefully, the problem is a simple fix.

Originally Posted by Sandy-lou View Post
My friend has just taken possession of a Husky 9000, the machine looks in very good condition and had very little dust etc. The problem is that the thing will not sew as the top thread will not pick up the bottom thread to begin sewing. I have given it a good clean and oil and I have tried all the recomendations for tension in the manual both top and bottom threads. The needle was hitting the plate, that problem disapeared by putting a new needle in. I have a suspicion that the bobbin in it belongs to a singer so I have tried several others including plastic ones but the problem persists. I am hoping that someone on this board will have some advice on how to fix the problem, this is the first sewing machine problem that has me completely flumoxed.

Blessings to all,
Sandy