Old 02-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Dawn227

I enjoyed virtualbernie's reply as well as others "take them shopping."
But don't forget to add in the cart quilting notions, pins, needles, cutting mats, rulers, cutting implements, starch, threads batting like you were just making a quilt for the first time. Hey you had to prepay for all that too. Let alone all the machines you may use. Add up all that stuff they forget about too. Then when they get shocked, and snotty tell them your not even asking for payment of education! Not to say the sewing time. See what happens then. If you use a LQS ask them if they mind you setting up a basket of notions like mentioned and add them up. Explain why and you would even be willing to put them away afterward too.

May even be a good idea for LQS to have a pre set basket on display for gift giving ideas
I also have an embroidery machine people think you push a button so I set up a time for them to come sit a spell while I do something simple like putting on a name or worse yet digitizing the logo. Why do they think you shouldn't get the 75.00 logo charge. . I seldom get asked
I prefer to do what I want, not what I have to do. Much more fun that way.
dawn227
Rochester NY