View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I do baste, minimal with very large bastig stitches, the whole quilt but work very much the same after that. Yes, relax and enjoy. I also find it is nearly impossible to get wrinkles. The only time I did was when I quilted a section out of order. So I had quilted from the center out and then had skipped a section. When I tried to quilt that later it had wrinkles so I ended up taking everything past that skipped section out to straighten it. So besure to work from the center out in circles with hoop quilting.

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
Have you basted them? I only baste the edges when I hand-quilt. I hold the layers together with clamps, not pins.
I always start in the center and work my way out. I put the quilt in the hoop and pull it tight, especially the backing. There's no way a wrinkle can get in there!! Then I push my thumbs in gently to give it a little "give" and check and double check and then only when I'm sure there are NO wrinkles (there will be some around the frame itself, but you're not quilting that close to the frame) I start quilting.
Take a deep breath and relax. This is supposed to be fun!