View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
I used to buy Warm and Natural batting at Walmart for under $7 per yard, which was about 90" wide. I went in the other day to purchase more and they didn't have any in stock. The person in charge of ordering told me the price went up to $15 per yard and they weren't carrying it any longer. Where do you all purchase your batting and are there any decent prices to be found?
I bought Warm and Natural yesterday at Hancock - 30% off which brought it down to nine something (It was $11.99 a yard) and then I had a 20% off JoAnn's coupon, which they took. I bought enough for two coverlets (52x80) and two double bed size and spent a lot less than I thought I would. At least I got enough fabric for four quilt, that'll keep me busy for a while. I also got some bobbins. Bobbins are a necessity, I think. I just take my handy dandy Sidewinder and take 1/2 off and whip up a bunch of bobbins (pin them down with painter's tape), put them in a large prescription bottle (the brown ones) and I am set! Just a few tips from the old lady!!!!! Screwed up royal yesterday,however, when my friend and I went to a hotsy totsy quilt shop. I commented on what a beautiful table cloth that was on a table with books and stuff on it. Found out that it was a quilt that hadn't been finished. Oops! Edie

Last edited by Edie; 02-09-2012 at 04:46 AM.