View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 AM
msbRON

Smile

I'm working on a king size GFG. I rather enjoyed cutting the papers. I went online and found the 1.5" hex template, copied and pasted, grouped them together very closely and filled the page. Then I used one printed page on top of several sheets (all reg copy paper) and cut. Then I made a template, adding the seam allowance onto poster board. I stacked several pieces of fabric together, held on the poster board template and cut. If it wasn't exact, it didn't matter, because I put the exact paper template into the center of the fabric and pinned it on. At first, I was basting the seam allowance down onto the paper. Then I found the instructions here on the board to just stitch it in the corners. That way I could just pull out the papers without snipping any threads. The corner threads stay in. Taking out the basting took a good bit of time. You can reuse the papers. I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this quilt... I'm working on the outside boarders now. I've been working on it almost a year -- but I've also done some other things as well. It's a great take along project -- well, until it starts getting bigger by putting it together.