View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
quiltmore

I have taught for several years at sewing machine stores and the lessons that come with machines are at the dealer's expense, and so is the warranty on your machine. The company will send the parts to the dealer but what ever extra extended cleaning and service you get offered to you will be at the expense of the dealer unless you mail the machine to the manufacturer. So if I was you I would wait until the new dealer opens to purchase the machine. If you want to check out what I am telling you contact the manufactor yourself and ask them these questions. That is why most companies don't honor warranties for machines purchased off the internet. I hope this answer your questions. Now for the machine I own the 6600 and love the machine. The dealer I purchased it from offered to customers a 3 year cleaning and servicing when we purchased our machines, well he went out of business 9 months after I purchased mine and I have to pay another Janome dealer to service my machine. But I still love the machine!