View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
nstitches4u

Quote:Just got back from my test runs. Still love the Janome 6600. I also liked the Horizon, but maybe not as well as the 6600, except for the throat space, of course. The 6600 is $1299 and the Horizon is $1999 and I don't think there is $700 difference. The owner won't budge on price and won't throw in anything to sweeten the deal, I don't think. He's an old curmudgeon and I don't much care for him. There's one year free service and he would provide any training. I do know there will be a new dealer as she had an employee there learning how to use the newest big Janome that does embroidery, too. I'm wondering if I should just wait till the new dealer opens up. I'm also wondering what you guys think of the pricing on these two machines?
Next, I went to JoAnn to try out the Vikings. They just aren't set up there to demo free motion. The machines are all sitting on top of a table and they're free-arm. The sales person put together an extension table and put it on the machine, but then it was way too high for any kind of sewing. Plus, she said she wasn't allowed to remove the protective cover on the extension table, so the fabric still wouldn't really glide around. On top of that, we never got a stitch, during free motion, that didn't show the top thread coming through on the back. She told me that they hardly ever had anyone come in to test drive quilting. Isn't that odd? At that point I was pooped and called it a day. I may try the Vikings again on another day, just because the sales person was so nice. I'm finding machine test driving to be exhausting.

I have a Husquevarna Viking 870 Quilt machine with a stitch regulator and a Fab-U-Motion table. I can finally FM quilt! There is a newer model now.

Last edited by nstitches4u; 02-11-2012 at 05:46 PM.