Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JeanieG ... I'll try to remember to post it tomorrow on the Discussion thread! Remind me, please?

OKSGlad ... Like you, I saw those flowers, more as ♥s ... and yet I didn't see the Broken ♥s!! Your background fabric with the squirrels is a perfect fit ... and the colour contrasts really lets the basket pop out on top.

My squirrel stories ... at the farm, like OKSGlad they weren't really a problem as the dog helped keep them at bay! They were quite entertaining in the fall, when the walnuts were on the tree, and leaves off. You could watch them go up and down the branches and push the nuts to the ground. And once they had them all cleared, you'd see them go back up and down for a final check that all were dislodged. There'd be massive heaps of the nuts made ... which would get covered with snow in the winter. And yet by spring there was not sign of the nuts! so I guess they burrowed in the snow and ate them.

Then I moved here ... on the edge of the bush (house, deck and then the bush). I thought I'd feed the birds ... and discovered the squirrels could easily jump from the trees to the feeders and clear the feed out! The bird stores kept saying, oh just put your feeders away from there ... well, can't happen! Did get a squirrel proof feeder. Though not all birds can use it! In the end the squirrels got fatter and fatter ... and bolder and bolder. And oh then, there were the raccoons that came in and ate from the feeders! .... could reach from the railing up to the feeders.

Every once in awhile, I feed the birds for awhile ... and then when I've had enough of the squirrels ... then sorry, birds, fend for yourselves.

Now if you want some real entertainment ... get your squirrels a Squngee ... check it out here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9cdQ-GMwk

I've seen a bunch of squirrels literally line up on my deck for this thing. I have all types ... but the grey ones were always better at the acrobatics, than the blacks or reds!