Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
SewinSue

Angry My decision as to what to do with those used needles

WOW!! I never thought I would have as many comments to my original question so decided to let everyone know what I ended up doing. I got out my magnifying glass and after seeing what size each needle was I stuck them one at a time into a sticky note after noting the size, brand and type needle ( if it had a colored band that I could be
100% certain what kind of needle it was). I only had 24 needles to identify! So tomorrow I will make a needle book. I had previously quilted two beautiful fat quarters together about the size of a placemat so will cut it to size, cut felt 'pages' adding more than I think I will need and sew them into a book. Oh yes, I plan on embroidering each page with the size needle and type ie. embroidery, ballpoint, etc.

When going through all these needles I decided to assume none of the needles were ballpointor for embroider as I just couldn't tell with absolute certainty if any were ballpoint or embroidery needles and if fabric would be ruined from an improper needle it would be a knit or a delicate embroidery. So from this day forward I will not be so lazy and as I use a needle I will place it in my new needle book.

Thanks to everyone for their input and suggestions. Since I have told everyone of my laziness and pledge to do better I will be religious about doing this. If there weren't that many needles I would have just thrown them away however I could just feel my Mom rolling over in her grave at my waistfullness! LOL