Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
40MPHK9

Default Question about sending quilts out for quilting

I finished my first "real" quilt a couple of months ago--up till now I have only done very simple lap-type quilts, which we make and distribute to shut-ins, nursing homes, etc. through our church group. These are just tied quilts. ANYWAY, I did a regular quilt--it was a Joann BOM thing--for my daughter, and took it to someone to do the actual quilting. She was recommended by a friend who's used her many times, so I know it will be a good job. I took it to her four weeks ago yesterday, and she told me it would be done in four weeks.

I also took her a wall hanging I made many years ago--I hand-pieced it, it was nine sampler squares. She's going to do that one for me, too, and then I want to hang it in my NEW wonderful sewing room....I'm excited to see that all done, since it's sat in a box for about five years!

I guess my question is how long do I wait before I call her to see if it's done, or should I NOT call her, and just wait for her to call me? She told me she'd call when it's ready, so I don't want to 'nag' her...on the other hand I can hardly wait to see it all finished!