View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:15 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Helen6869 View Post
I totally agree with feline fanatic....(I'm a feline fanatic too...about my one feline anyway!) I just completed a quilt for my dgd which she requested and helped with fabric choice and some sewing. I got a little frustrated because I thought she was getting anxious to receive it but I was enjoying taking my time finishing it up. I really don't like to be rushed or have a deadline with one because it is my hobby and I do it for MY enjoyment mostly. So IMHO, no one day "do-s" for me. Or racing of any kind for me. Will have my 70th birthday tomorrow so I love going slow at lots of things!! lol!
earlier I posted about making a quilt in a day and the reasons for doing it. Not every quilt has to be made that way and there is great enjoyment in all the prep work of fabric choice, washing and pressing, cutting and layout. Not rushed, just organized. I don't cut any corners and some of my best project tops have been done in a day. What I do feel great about is I will have a gift ready and I loved every minute I spent on it. Complicated? good for you. Some of the simpilist patterns are the most beautiful. I never make quilts just to get them done. Just enjoy what you do whatever way you want to do it. Sometimes in a day!
peace