View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM
karate lady

Since starting this expensive hobby a year ago, I have been lucky to have some friends load me up with fabric. It started my stash and I have discovered on line shopping. I search on line (free ones) and in the mags in the library for patterns and have lots to choose from now. I only quilt for my own pleasure as I know most folks around here could not afford to buy one ,besides, then it would become work. I watch thrift stores, yard sales etc and have made some good scores there. A friend gifted me with about 6 sets of old sheets that are lovely and I use my coupons from JoAnns for batting and backing. Since I prefer unbleached muslin for backs, they don't cost as much. I am learning to hand quilt and also tie. If I do use the LAQ I get the minimum quilting done. Best of all my children have finally realised I am serious when i ask for gift cards from JoAnns and Wally world. (yes I use wm fabric) I am on a limited income and look for any way to stretch my quilting budget. As aresult, I am able to indulge in a great hobby that satisfies my creative side and lets me give gifts I know they value. (all are waiting for a quilt..smile) So stop and think of all the ways you can save and keep on quilting. BTW Annasgirl...love your cat....