Thread: Hand Quilting
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
bizzyquilter

Originally Posted by rhueluna View Post
What is happening to handwork? All we see now at quilt shows is machine work. I am keeping up the best I can to show handwork as the way to go. But I know the big machine makers are pushing for machine work to sell their goods. I love the intricate designs they make on the heavily machine quilted quilts and think its a real work of art. But to take a hand pieced old fabric quilt top and hit it with a bunch of loops on a machine breaks my heart. Each way has its own field. I wished someone would put handwork areas of the quilt shows to show off the hard work we hand quilters do. Here are a few of my hand quilted items I hope you like. I wonder what others have to say about it. I know when I talk to other hand quilters, they feel the same way and we are not noticed for the hard work. Keep up the good work all you hand quilters. And keep up the great art of the small machine designs that are so beautiful. But the whip em out big loops don't do a thing for me. I wonder what you all think.
You do beautiful work. I have the same question as you. I only hand quilt and love it. Not everyone can do such an art and to me that is the beauty of quilting.