View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:18 PM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
That's a great price. I ordered mine off Amazon and they were more expensive. The "up" side is I didn't have to go trotting around the countryside looking for them. Unlike many of you, I really don't have a huge stash but I figure this is the time to start the organizing - while it is small enough to keep under control.
Well now that I know where they are I can go straight there. Having moved here not to long ago I am still learning my way around. I didn't think my stash was that big either. I am over 150 now and still have at least that much more to go. I know for some that wouldn't be big. But to me its a lot. I also am measuring it all as I wrap and sorting out the pieces that are cut funny or not a half yard. I am tearing some into fat quarters ( the cut funny ones) and I have a few that are just long pieces . My scrap bin is over flowing actually I am on my third container. I have a small lidded trash can , and kitty litter bucket stuffed full and a hamper I am now filling. I guess there are going to be lots of scrap quilts in my future.
I am just trying to figure out what to do with all the fat quarters.