View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Rose_P

If you really don't like it but don't want to waste it, how about finishing it for a charity donation? Check with local hospitals, or with the quilt guild in Waco (if there's not one closer to you). I'll bet they'd have suggestions for where it would be appreciated. It might be too big, but if that's the case, you could probably make two or more smaller quilts out of it. I'm thinking that the part in the front of your picture would be great for a man's lap quilt or even a baby boy. Someone on this board posted recently that there tend to be a lot more quilts donated that are suitable for girls than than for boys. You could pull out some of the star blocks from the middle area and use them in a different project, such as making yourself some pretty pillow tops. The guild might have volunteers who would finish it to donate. So if you really just want to get shut of it, just donate it to them to figure out. I'm just speculating based on activities of my local quilt guild, which is a charitable organization and is always looking for projects. The star blocks are great and you put a lot of work into this. Don't let it all go to waste, whatever you decide.