View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 PM
quiltnmore

I started out with the Babylock Ellure Plus when a store owner was retiring for just over $1000 about 5 years ago. I bought a used Babylock Ellegante and could really see the difference with an entry level machine and an older top-of-the-line. You really do need a shop that supports you and your machine. I have also just bought a used Janome 11,000 and really like the fact that you don't have a bulky extra embroidery unit to deal with.

My advise is like the others, if you can't afford any more - then the sales people should be able to help you pick one to suit your needs. But please, try out different ones to see what you like and what you Can't live without (auto threader, cutting jump stitches, 8 x 10 hoop, color screen, combining designs on the screen, usb type A port, larger harp area to fit a quilt, etc.)

Remember, if you have not done machine embroidery before, you need stabilizers, many embroidery threads, possibly special bobbin thread, and things you might not think about adding $$ to our habit/hobby.

Best wishes