Thread: My Newest Find
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 PM
sewnsewer2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by turner0106 View Post
I had been struggling trying to find a marker, pen pencil that would show up good on the fabrics. A coworker that also quilts told me about Pilot Brand Frixion Erasable pens. Said she got them at a quilt show however, Staples also carries them (I'm sure other office supplies places do also. I got the 3 pack last night and I have to say I love these things. They make a nice clear crisp line that makes it easy to hand quit. Then the lines disappear when you apply the iron. They also have a 6 pack , 8 pack, single and double (Single and double only are in black) But I have to say I love these things. I have purchased a ton of pencils, and markers and none of them work that great or the lines are real light and smudged and with hand quilting I felt I needed that nice crisp line to follow.

I tested them on several pieces of fabric last night both light and dark and gone as soon as the iron touched it.

Diane
Diane, beware that if the quilt gets cold, say it's in your car in the winter, the lines will reappear! We did a test at a meeting and this I say is true.