View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i've been fabric shopping on line for 15 years now---most of the shops i shop with most often offer swatches (sometimes for 75 cents, sometimes for free) when i really need a true match color i order a swatch---but generally i buy the fabric i like and if it comes and is a bit different than i thought it's not a big deal. and if it's a (new to me) shop that i have not ordered from before i do not order alot the first time- i order one piece of fabric- or maybe a fq bundle to see what their fabric is like- if i am impressed i order more- if i find it less quality than i expect i make note to not shop there---there are enough on line shops it's easy to be choosy- but over the years i have found the ones i go back to consistantly when i need anything- there are 4 or 5 of them---if while doing the shop hop i come across a shop that looks really good- good prices, good shipping policy (which means i can get free or very inexpensive) and good selection of fabrics that i do not see at my favorite shops i will order from the new one to check them out. i do about 95% of my fabric shopping on line. have for a long-long time (over 15 years)