View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
babyfireo4

Red face How are quilts judged in a show?

Hi, I'm hoping to enter a quilt in a show for the first time this year. I wanted to last year but it just didn't work out! I've posted the black and white quilt on here before. It is currently in que to be quilted *Charismah from the board is doing it!!! I'm so excited*
I was wondering if anyone would know what the judges look for when judging a quilt? I'm pretty sure it will be submitted no matter what but would like a rough idea if my piecing will be up to par! By no means do I expect to place, there are far to many people more experienced at quilting and probably entering more complicated patterns. I am very proud of this quilt and getting more excited about it by the min.
The quilt show is in Shipshewana, IN. June 21-23 (Yea it hits my birthday again!!!) I've been to their webpage already and have the application printed out. I called to ask but the lady I talked to didn't know about the judging just the entry info and about the festival in general, she was a great help and really nice.

Thanks for any info you have, I and am sure others on here really appreciate it!
Mal