Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Mizkaki

Nancy,

Don't put the tools away yet. If you timed it so that the hook point is at the eye of the needle you will have skipped stitches during some types of sewing. The tip of the hook needs to intercsect the needle in the middle of the scarf (dip above the eye). Simple to change. Loosen the screws that you just tightened and very slightly rotate the hook until the tip is in the scarf . Make sure that all of this is done in straight stitch.

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Sorta like closing the barn door after the horses got out huh Joe! At least this gave me a chuckle when I read it, which I needed right then!

Thank you Candace for the photo - it helped! Thank you Miriam, I printed out some how to's on timing!

Well I did it! I can now join the "Timing Club." I have my 319w working great! She is doing decorative and straight stitch like nothing ever happened and I learned a ton! It took me awhile as I had to figure out that the eye of the needle had to be right at the point of the hook just as the needle was on the way up - not down!

Yippppppeeeeee! My 319 is back in her treadle and I can sew!

Joe, Marcus will be banned from the sewing room from now on!

Nancy

Last edited by Mizkaki; 03-15-2012 at 08:19 PM.