View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:12 AM
sguillot

[That was very insinistive. My Mother was an expert sewer and quilter and did most everything by had, ever peiced but that was her choice. Of course back then Long Arms weren't even around at least I had never heard of them. I do what I do in her honor and I know she is very proud of me even though it not that great and would love all the new things available to make live easier for the next generation. So I say to each his own and to be critical of something new or that is not your style is not nice and very narrow minded. You did good by not lashing back. You were much nicer than I think I could have been.QUOTE=jeemmerling621;5060957]I rent a longarm at my LQS and was quilting today (I.e. with headphones and tuned out to the world). A customer comes into the classroom where the longarms are and gets my attention and proclaims that what I am doing "is cheating, and defiling my quilt". I literally stood there speechless. She was in her 80's (I'm guessing) and has probably only ever hand quilted, but her total lack of filter just baffled me.

I had to get that off my chest I am so glad we all do our own thing on the Board and respect each other's amazing work![/QUOTE]