Old 03-16-2012, 05:28 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Well, I'm in love. I'm hard to impress when it comes to machinery. Most of it works. OK that's fine and dandy but nothing out of the ordinary.

The second; a Centennial Singer 201-2 in a cabinet that is a cross between a treadle cabinet and a wooden legged one.

I brought the head in the house, the cabinet is still in my Pathfinder, there is no place for it in the house, and started to work with it. Some oil, some minor cleaning, some thread and a bobbin, and OH MY G....., I've NEVER had a machine run like this thing. It's like a fine tuned race car. Quiet, smooth, sure, and did I say smooth? Even the oscillating parts of the needle take-up lever didn't vibrate.

I AM IMPRESSED! Like I said above, that doesn't happen often.

I need to bring the cabinet in and work on it. It's worn, chipped here and there, and is missing the spring that lifts the metal part at the right end of the machine up. The springs not broke, it's gone.
Anybody know where I can find one?

Well, I don't have any photos of these two yet. I'll get some soon.
One thing is for sure, something(s) has to go to make room for the 201.

Joe
Joe, I don't have a 201, I don't have room for one; and, I doubt I would love it more than my Pfaff 130, but you know everyone who does have a 201 LOVES them! That machine, as I am sure you know, was advertised as the Finest machine Singer ever made! Congratulations on the 201! I want to try one some day.

Nancy