Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by MissMermaid
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
well, i must say, i've been following the thread, planning on doing the sew-along in january...and now im itching to get started!

i have other things i have to take care of first...like packing and moving to school next week...

good luck moving back to school. i hope you'll have time to join in - i know how depending university can be
thanks Klue! hopefully 2nd semester will be a good time for me to do this *fingers crossed* 1st semester will be crazy, 18 credits (over 6 classes), 2 jobs, honors program and engineering community...

2nd semester however, is again 18 credits, but only 4 classes and probably only 1 job...still have honors/engineering but thats mostly study group type stuff, so it doubles as homework time, thank god.
i know how crazy it can be, we just moved our cousin back to school today.

the entire time we were there i kept whining to DH how i how i miss school and i want to go back and get another degree.

this is the first time in my entire life (well since i was a 5 year old) that i'm not in any classes - it feels so weird - did i mention i'm in my 40s.

this is the main reason why i felt this year was the year to make a Jane quilt, i don't know if i'll ever have this kind of spare time again.

i'm thinking about going to FIT in NYC to study textile arts next year.

If you can afford to go back to school, DO IT!

when i was debating between follow my true passion (making stuff, get a liberal arts "fake" degree *** and be a starving artisan forever, since hey, the boy is going to be a doctor, it'll be fine) or what im absolutely good at (applied math // engineering--what i opted for) i was looking at FIT, but i opted for a polytechnic uni, so i ended up applying at RPI in Troy, NY for my out of state option (got in, but couldnt afford it, going to state school in WI)

but yes. point of my comment. do it. absolutely.

***i come from a family of laywers, doctors, teachers and engineers--a liberal arts degree would NOT have flown with them. they consider it fluff.
that sounds like me, my first time thru college i did an MBA. then i went back to the beginning and studied science and last year i finished my PhD in Molecular Microbiology.

i love the field i'm in now, HIV Research, but i want to take some textile courses for fun.