View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:35 AM
crafterrn1

Okay I did go to Lancaster for the AQS show this past weekend! The AQS show was not at the Host Hotel! It was downtown at the Convention Center attached to the Marriott Hotel. I enjoyed the show this year. I loved the quilts! I shopped at the venders. My girlfriends shopped as well. The jewelry vendors where appropiate for the venue. I think AQS is trying to fill a void left by the previous show in Lancaster. Since they have approxamitely over 15,000 attendees, I doubt that it will be pulled anytime soon. I do wish they had better teachers this year. I love shopping for fabric in Lancaster and found almost everything I had on my must buy list. Is is Houston? No! Is it a local quilt show? NO! Is it a National Show yes! All the Vendors I spoke with stated they were having a great show. They were booking rooms at the hotel for 2013 and 2014. So I am thinking this is a winner in AQS management eyes! Yes I did enjoy the show. Quilts were wonderful. But they need more to enter their quilts in the shows for us to look at them. Glad I went! I will go back! Maybe not next year but who knows! Luann in CT