Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
NanaCsews2

I am with you 100%! I know when I go my LQS I will get a personable smile and thank you from behind the counter. I get the one on one that is really important to me. The other day I wanted to know about a particular sundress pattern and they looked online for the yardage etc. after I gave them the site and what to look for. They did the surfing and searching while I shopped. It was great! Money is tight everywhere, but I plan my purchases around their sales, and they will order what I need or am looking for and bring it in for me. I run errands anyway, so the gas money to go a few blocks out of the way is no big deal. I do not like paying shipping, which is why I will shop Nancy's Notions and other shops online that offer this with actual codes or purchasing a small amount. Just as other online stores do, my LQS sends emails and fills me in when sales are coming up in the future-I can plan and budget for it. My LQS sells quality fabrics and thread, the same notions, books, and patterns as elsewhere in addition to hard to find items, and give back with their friendly service and knowledge. I have used Connecting Threads, and so far have been pleased, but hands down in my opinion does not compare to a LQS.

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
I'm with Mary.

One afternoon, a worker at my LQS spent over an hour with me helping me audition backgrounds for my (poorly chosen) main fabrics. She didn't tell me to start over because my choices weren't the best but helped me with good nature. Granted it was slow but her attention was really appreciated. When I decided to scrap it and start over, she was there to help me again. This is what I love about using an LQS.

And I especially like it when they point me to another shop when my main shop doesn't carry, or isn't inclined to order, fabric choices that I need.

And...the prices aren't always higher than on-line. For example, I wanted to buy a brand of pins that aren't readily available just anywhere on line. When I priced them from the vendors on line and added in shipping, it was cheaper to buy them at the LQS.

I know not everybody can afford to patronize the LQS but, if you can, please reserve at least a portion of your spending for the local little guy.

Off my soapbox - I know I didn't answer your question about CT. I've never used them. Sorry.