View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:06 AM
mhollifiel

Sure I will gladly share the Virginia shop. It's called the Fabric Outlet and it's located near Cape Charles on Virginia's eastern shore on Lankford Highway (Highway# 13 I think - It's the main road through there anyway). Miss Henrietta is just moving into a 7000 sq ft old dance hall that she bought and she's not due to open for a week or two yet in the new place. It's 9 miles north of the old place which she shared with her son's business. The new place is just north of Appleseed Nurseries on the same side of the road. She's bought lots of new fabrics for her expanded space. I had to pull the plastic off of some of the bolts I was buying.

Be prepared to search some but most of us don't mind that if the prices are right and they are! This is no LQS. She's got everything from shirting to fleece to fake fur to upholstery and drapery fabrics. But she has lots of cottons just right for quilters. I bought stuff for my Project Linus tops as cheap as $3.60/yd. I also found some of her newer stock that I loved for $6.00/yd. But I found nothing cotton any more expensive than that.

I have a card from her son's store (R and T Nautical) that gives their phone number as 757 678 3920. He makes neat bird sculptures from PCV pipe. I'd call and check with her DS or DDIL before I made a special trip out there. Miss Henrietta is 82! She does take credit cards.

Last edited by mhollifiel; 03-24-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: clarity