View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 AM
fmd36

Veteran of shows for 17 yrs. Health issues may have put an end to that. Many good suggestions. Most important , don't go overboard on anything that costs you too much or too time consuming. Last few years my best sellers were Mom and Daughter aprons. Don't forget boys and men...usually used cammo, tools,cars,truck fabric. I did lots of emb. on kids shirts...that was my biggest seller. Boys get tools, sports,cars, fire related (you get the idea). Clever sayings also were a big hit. Girls got ballet,dance,martial arts. Pillowcases sold for $9.00 but not personalized. For some reason my mug mats were thought to be hot pads but still sold. Be ready to haggle (two for $) especially around Christmas time. Small personalized ornaments also were popular. Small soft toys for babies that were easy to make up. You know the old saying about doing what you love and you will love what you are doing. Try not to take critics personally. Best wishes and I hope this thread keeps up. There are sites out there for crafters that can be of help.