View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 AM
june6995

I belonged to several sites before I found Quilting Board. Block Central was a well organized site, but after a while it went down because of the owner's illness. It would be a big job to monitor such a site by owner only. I also belonged to Garden Web, which was a friendly place, but I seldom visit anymore. There seem to be forums connected to a lot of places where you would not expect to find them. Doing a search should bring on a lot of sites. There is also one that is called Jelly Roll Quilters.

Probably one that many found several years back was the Wide World of Quilting....which had a lot of individaul forums such as Pattern Search and Bulletin Board and others (if my memory serves me well.) It was owned and run by a husband/wife team, but became overrun with advertisements. It seemed to have been lost in the cyber world. , Fon and Porter once offered a free forum. And nose of the professional quilters have forums. Keep looking and you will run across all sorts of places to glean information.

There are as many sites as the internet is BIG! They are just everywhere...attached to some blogs as well. If you want to see how many you can find, you might just be surprised.

Oh yes, Fon and Porter site was once free, but no more. Keep looking and you will run across all sorts of places to collect information..

June in Cincinnati