View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 AM
mwhite

Thank you everyone!! It makes me feel so much better to know that it would be ok to machine quilt them. I may save the big one to get hand quilted by someone, maybe I can find someone that wants to barter some of the extra blocks or something. I really am enjoying all the treasures in the boxes and learning a lot about the lady herself. I think she would be happy just having someone use these. She saved even the smallest pieces of fabric and used it all for her quilts. Her stitching is so beautiful and even. Even after washing there are no loose places!! I wont be able to hand quilt them, but I will try to do her proud when I finish them for her. Right now I am trying to get them washed and freshened up so they dont smell so bad.
I am so glad that the quilt police wont come get me!! lol and I do worry about the quilt ghost!!
Here is a couple more pictures for you. The wedding quilt is machine quilted, I bet it was done on a tredle machine, I found the instruction book! And I found the rest of the blocks for the blue and white one. Does anyone know what the name of it is?
Have a wonderful day!
Attached Thumbnails lowes-3-28-2011-005.jpg   lowes-3-28-2011-006.jpg