Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 AM
say

Sorry to just now get back with all of you. To address a few things, Is what I am reading that fabrics from sites like Marshalls Dry Goods may not be the same quality as a quilt shop fabric or maybe Joanne Fabrics? I also would not want to put all that amount of work into a quilt and use fabric that will not last. The quilts I have made, and will hopefully make, are ones that I hope will be passed down through my grand childrens family. I have 4 quilts that were made by my husbands great grandmother, and are well over 100 years old. They mean a lot to me, and only since I started making some myself did I realize the amount of work that has gone into them, and the amount of love. These have all been pieced, and that is something I have not even tried yet. In response to "Dunster", that is a huge compliment, and I really thank you. I cannot take credit for the design, though. I found this as a small picture size drawing that you were to color and frame. I tried to contact the printer to see if it was OK to "blow up" the image but they were out of business. I asked a few people and since I was not selling it, I was told it would be OK to do so. I made my own patterns from the blown up image. It was a lot of fun finding just the right fabric designs. I live in Ohio, so I am afraid not close to you. I am, however, entering them in our county fair this year, so that should be fun!