View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
An Arm Long

I have a Majestic Frame with a Baby Lock Crown Jewel. I know it is a different machine than the Artistic, but the same problems occur with all of them and the learning curve is very difficult if the company does not provide classes or one on one instruction. Baby Lock has a 4 day class in St. Louis that was included in the deal that I got at the Cincinnatti Quilt Show. It was wonderful. The first day we spent a very long time on tension and on other potential problems with our machines. I have never had problems that I could not figure out quickly since then. We learned so much in those 4 days. I know with other machines, dealers sometimes have classes or one on one instruction. I think when they do not help buyers with these big purchases to learn how to use them, they are giving their product a bad name. People become frustrated and then let others know about it.
I hope you all can help each other to find some good instruction to ease the frustration that comes with these new machines.