Thread: Art Quilters?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Judebug

Congratulations Suzie! You qualify for determining what our May Quilt Challenge theme will be. Please be thinking about it and don't reveal until the last day of April.

The Geometry Quilt: Alicia Merritt's technique for design reconstruction sounds interesting and I personally like the resulting photo of your piece. It appears balanced, good contrast, nice texture and causes the eye to linger and explore. If the overstuffed areas that puckered bother you, stuffing more will help or, you can add enough embellishments like beads or hand stitching (anchoring all three layers) to create further dimension and reduce or even out the puckers. I'm not sure why it won't lie flat without seeing it in person? You could adhere this quilt to a separate background quilt, to make the top quilt lay flat.

Black/White & Color (Red) Quilt: A dramatic look regardless what color you choose to play with Black and White. The Red reminds me of fire, passion, emotional, confident, excitement. My monitor isn't showing the quilting well enough to comment. It looks like you may have purposely shaped your piece irregularly which certainly accents your inner fabric lines. The skewed appearance correlates well together.

These are both exciting pieces to enjoy. Thank you for sharing and don't forget to be thinking about May's Quilt Challenge theme for us.