View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 06:30 AM
mythreesuns

I have to add this to my own post... just because they say pets allowed..question the rules involved. My neice is married to a legally blind man. So they have a dog for him. Make a lon story short, my son got married and two days before the wedding.. her hubby ended up in the hospital. He told his wife to still attend the wedding. So she did..she made sure the hotel allowed pets. They did..so she was all set. WRONG.. as the pet could not be left in the room alone, an adult had to be with the dog at all times.. their daughter was 14 at the time.. they said she is not an adult. So she could not sit with the dog..and they would not allow the dog in the hall with us as no pets allowed and because her hubby (the one actually blind was not there) the dog was not considered a service pet. So needless to say, she spent all that money for the trip..to just sit in a hotel room. I my self will NEVER stop at that hotel again for nothing..and I never suggest that place for weddings again. So it made us stop and think.. what do other families do in this situation?? When the person is in the hospital.. the service dog still needs to be cared for until he is back into service again. Service dogs are very very very well trained.. they are not like our average dogs and bark at things etc..