View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 AM
GramMER

[QUOTE=annesthreads;5120355]I’ve been sitting here thinking about my inability to finish my quilts. QUOTE]

Hmmm! I may just fit into this category too. As long as we lived in the states, I made quilts like they were going out of style. I gave every one of them to someone who just had a baby or who just got married. I felt like I was learning a lot with each one, but then I decided to make the "perfect quilt" to give our elder son for his wedding. It was a sampler with all different 12" blocks set together with sashing. We moved to India and could only take two suitcases. Well, you try moving in two suitcases and see what you leave behind. Life moves on and leaves you with all those choices. Then we moved back for a few years and I began teaching school and had no time to quilt. That poor quilt top is still in storage somewhere. Maybe before I die someone will motivate me to get it done. I have others to finish too--some for children and some for grandchildren. I have started myriad and have had some situation to keep me from finishing them. Lately I think a lot about how long I have procrastinated and have been dreaming of getting back into finishing those one-by-one. I am praying I can do it one day and not leave my unfinished business to someone to throw out. When I think of all the work I have put into these tops, I know nobody would understand nor want to finish them.