View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Iraxy

As a young girl, I loved to draw. My mother wanted me to concentrate on "something real." She said my drawings were "time wasters and something that would get me nowhere". I stopped drawing and concentrated on the basics to get me a job when I grew up. I never took up another hobby that required creativity until I started quilting. She was not impressed with my quilting either and managed to tell me so often. Out of "revenge and/or hurt" I never made her a quilt. I would start one and not finish it. They were not good enough for her and I worried how she would criticize it. These actions only proved to her how right she was about my time wasters.

My mom died several years ago and when my sister and I went through her things I found many of my 50 year old drawings among her things. I was devastated.

As my silent tribute to her I have tried to make the most interesting and beautiful quilts that I can. I send them out to be quilted to make sure they are finished. I grudgingly bind them (it's my worst skill).

I don't know what to tell you about how to get from point A to point B about finishing your quilts, but you might try it one quilt at a time. Just do it, like the advertisement says. Good luck with this, I will keep reading this post to see how it works out. Hugs to you too and one for me.