View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by totosmom View Post
OK. Here it is. I finally finished my hubby's flannel quilt. Well, yes, it took longer than I thought, but hey, he can use it next winter too,right?

I pieced and quilted it on my Viking 6570 ca 1979 which I couldn't resist because of its red color. Turns out it's a real workhorse which handled the flannel and poly batting with no problems. To keep it simple, I decided to SID vertically and then in the center of the 6"squares, I ran a simple serpentine stitch for variety. The only horizontal row of stitches is the one I did to stabilize the quilt before I started to quilt it. Oh yes, and the quilting in the border. The binding was applied by machine and to finish it off, I decided to go with the same serpentine stitch just for the fun of it. Because it was so big, I pieced the back together too. He loves the "color palette" ( he HAS been listening!) and didn't notice the bit of a bubble on the back. All in all, not bad for my first flannel quilt.

Cross your fingers for the photos -- this is not, what do they say? intuitive.
Dorothy, it looks great! A manly quilt! You did a great job! Your DH is a lucky man!

Nancy